Four child-centred themes that support social and emotional growth:
The book concepts and instructional approach of the MySELF: Social Emotional Learning Foundations series stem from key areas of development identified by the following research initiatives:
- Social and Emotional Learning Core Competencies Framework from the CASEL Initiative
- The PATHS Curriculum
- Each theme set includes 6 engaging stories with real-world connections that can help children understand and manage their emotions.
- Practical teacher and family support to guide discussion and extend learning.
- Lap Books for Shared Reading and whole-group discussion (6 titles per theme)
- Little Books for reading practice (6 titles x 6 copies each per theme)
- 2-sided Posters with photos that support real-world connections and prompt discussion (1 poster per theme)
- Teachers Guides with step-by-step support to teach each social and emotional theme, and reading strategies, as well as tips for English Language Learners (1 guide per theme) - Family Guides for caregivers, plus take-home books, to encourage the home-school connection and extend learning (10 copies per theme)
- Take-home Books that reinforce social and emotional concepts and reading skills at home
- Personal Journals that allow students to respond to texts through drawing and writing