The brand-new PM Benchmark Literacy Assessment resource has not only retained the market-leading features of the PM Benchmark Reading Assessment Resource, but has significant enhancements which respond to the changing needs of literacy instruction and assessment in Canada.
View the PM Benchmark Comparison Chart
Pre-Level 1 Assessment
Two Pre-Level 1 assessment cards. A focus on early literacy competencies such as oral literacy, phonological awareness, phonics and concepts about print.
Levels 1 to 30 Texts
• 60 brand-new assessment texts.
• 40 books from Levels 1 to 20.
• 14 four-sided cards from Levels 21 to 27.
• 6 six-sided cards from Levels 28 to 30.
Post-Level 30 Assessment
6 Post-Level 30 assessment cards to expose students to complex styles of writing, encouraging deeper comprehension and more sophisticated text analysis.
1 Teacher’s Resource Book
Updated and enhanced including information on the Balanced Reader framework and comprehensive FAQs.
67 restructured Student Records
• Page 1 (Reading Record)
• Page 2 (Reading Record and Retelling Indicators)
• Page 3 (Comprehension questions and Analysis)
• Page 4 (Summary, Reading Behaviours Observed, Retelling Indicators and Recommendations for Future Development)
3 Procedures Cards
• 1 for Pre-Level 1
• 1 for Levels 1 to 30
• 1 for Post-Level 30
QR codes on every book and card leading to a printable Student Record.