The brand-new PM Benchmark Literacy Assessment resource has not only retained the market-leading features of the PM Benchmark Reading Assessment Resource, but has significant enhancements which respond to the changing needs of literacy instruction and assessment in Canada.
Pre-Level 1 Assessment
Two Pre-Level 1 assessment cards. A focus on early literacy competencies such as oral literacy, phonological awareness, phonics and concepts about print.
Levels 1 to 30 Texts
• 60 brand-new assessment texts.
• 40 books from Levels 1 to 20.
• 14 four-sided cards from Levels 21 to 27.
• 6 six-sided cards from Levels 28 to 30.
Post-Level 30 Assessment
6 Post-Level 30 assessment cards to expose students to complex styles of writing, encouraging deeper comprehension and more sophisticated text analysis.
1 Teacher’s Resource Book
Updated and enhanced including information on the Balanced Reader framework and comprehensive FAQs.
67 restructured Student Records
• Page 1 (Reading Record)
• Page 2 (Reading Record and Retelling Indicators)
• Page 3 (Comprehension questions and Analysis)
• Page 4 (Summary, Reading Behaviours Observed, Retelling Indicators and Recommendations for Future Development)
3 Procedures Cards
• 1 for Pre-Level 1
• 1 for Levels 1 to 30
• 1 for Post-Level 30
QR codes on every book and card leading to a printable Student Record.