Nelson Science K-7 is a comprehensive series built from the ground up to fully align with the new BC Science curriculum. Infused with First Peoples knowledge and perspectives, and grounded in student-driven scientific inquiry, this series opens inquiry pathways that allow students to deepen their understanding of Big Ideas, develop Core and Curricular Competencies, and build place-based and content knowledge.
- Focused on the doing of science-explorations and investigations are designed to develop the skills, processes and habits of mind for scientific inquiry
- First Peoples scientific knowledge and perspectives are woven into activities through authentic contexts designed to support learning from First Peoples
- Design-focused activities allow students and teachers to cover all Learning Standards from the Applied Design, Skills, and Technologies (ADST) curriculum
- A suite of custom-developed, modifiable assessment tools, provide support for formative assessment of Core and Curricular Competencies, as well as content knowledge
- The Teachers Resource includes the Online Teaching Centre with additional supplementary materials including the Resource eBook, Science Skills Toolkit, Modifiable Blackline Masters, weblinks, Literature Connections and videos.
- Student Resources include Activity Cards for K-3 and a Student Resource with access to the online Science Skills Toolkit for Grades 4-7