Teacher leadership holds great promise for improving the quality of teaching and ensuring student success. But for co-performance of leadership among teacher leaders and principals to be effective, they must learn to lead in sync.
Leading In Sync: Teacher Leaders and Principals Working Together for Student Learning provides principals, assistant principals, coaches, department leaders, grade-level and content team leaders, mentors, professional development leaders, and in fact all teachers with the strategies and tools needed to
* Examine their own thinking about what constitutes high-quality teaching so they can work toward a shared vision.
* Identify teachers' many strengths as potential assets for achieving the shared vision.
* Recognize ways in which most teachers are already leading.
* Support leadership collaboration through efficient, effective communication.
* Develop trust required to learn to lead together.
Jill Harrison Berg offers thought-provoking context and reflection questions that enable educators to examine their unique settings; real-world examples of teachers and principals co-performing leadership to improve student success; and dozens of strategies, tools, and templates to facilitate leading in sync.
This book includes a link to free downloadable tools.