Empower your students with the foundational skills they need to become effective writers Language Power Now is a new series of practice exercises to develop vocabulary, grammar, writing and research skills.
- Cross-curricular Connections: Exposes students to topics and vocabulary in the content areas such as science, social studies, health and math.
- Skills Continuum: A systematic approach to building skills from one level to the next. All lessons are written using accessible language to support students at a wide range of reading and writing levels.
- Real-world Writing: Exercises encourage students to use real-world texts, their peers and their own portfolios to deepen their learning.
- Research Skills: Students will learn effective research methods, such as developing inquiry questions, searching for and evaluating sources, taking notes and citing to avoid plagiarism, and protecting their privacy online.
- In-Context Applications: Every lesson ends with a task that requires students to use the skill in their own writing.
Each Workbook contains dozens of lessons organized into 6 sections to cover the foundational skills for writing, including:
Work with Vocabulary.
- Skills are developed on a continuum from one level to the next Blackline Masters.
Each Workbook is also available as Blackline Masters.
Enables teacher customization and differentiated instruction with the ability to pick and choose lessons/exercises.
Allows you to photocopy the entire book.
Provides tools for assessment for and of learning.
Assessment tools include: