Getting Excited About Data, Second Edition builds upon the best-selling first edition to provide additional guidance and support for educators who are ready, willing, and able" to explore more sophisticated uses of data. New tools and activities facilitate active engagement with data and a collaborative culture of collective responsibility for the learning of all students.
This resource provides:
- A knowledge base emphasizing the role of data in school effectiveness and successful change
- A focus on tapping the professional passion of dedicated educators who want to work for the benefit of students from an intrinsic motivation perspective
- Group activities that energize people in collaborative efforts
- Key questions to identify sources of the proof of success necessary to stimulate confidence and further action
- A clear understanding of the need for "up close, in real time" assessment to balance high-stakes, external tests
- Information on how to utilize data to establish priorities and integrate accountability requirements with goals that are data-based and grounded in school values