Collections is a proven solution that helps you develop students abilities to analyze complex texts, determine evidence, reason critically and communicate thoughtfully.
The nations leading ELA program for Grades 7-12-provides a multi-faceted digital and print approach that transcends the traditional anthology and resonates with todays students.
- Teachers can customize the selection choice based on need and level through use of the text complexity rubrics for each selection and the suggestions at the beginning of each collection.
- Student eBook contains tools such as annotation tools, 4 colour highlighters and complete audio.
- Collaboration between students and teachers provide support through the virtual notebooking feature online.
- Selections contain Close Reading Screencasts model conversations for students to assist in comprehension.
Student Edition (Print):
- Streamlined size; focused and targeted for meeting Common Core State Standards.
Student Edition (Digital):
- Enhanced digital edition with interactive notebook, scaffolded screencasts and integrated assessment
Close Reader (Print):
- Interactive text for application of close reading; includes 2-3 additional related texts per collection.
Close Reader (Digital):
- Powerful digital tools for marking text, citing evidence, making notes and preparing for performance tasks.
- Additional texts and modelled practice for planning, organizing and completing tasks for new performance-based assessments.
- Selections address Common Core requirements, including novels, drama, poetry, informational texts, autobiography and biography.
Teachers Edition (Print):
- Provides a Common Core instructional plan, point-of-use strategies and links for online resources.
Teachers Edition (Digital):
- Seamless transition between the Digital Teachers Edition, online resources and other source links.
Online Teacher Dashboard:
Tools for Planning and Assessing:
- Group resources by standard, topic, genre or Lexile score.
- Utilize progress monitoring, precriptive remediation, tools for online feedback and selection/collection assessments.