Authors: Matthew Biggley, John Broomfield, Michelle Forde, Sandra Kritzer, Jaden Lairson
Consulting Partners: Samara, TakingITGlobal, Agincourt Community Services Association.
Civics in Action helps students to become active citizens within their local and global communities by developing inquiry and critical thinking skills.
Helps to ensure student success by engaging students through big ideas, political thinking concepts, multiple perspectives and issues relevant to them.
- Student Success supported by developing research and inquiry skills and by presenting information in a clear and engaging format.
- Guide to Action feature gives students the tools they need to become active citizens.
- The Thinking Civically feature facilitates student application of political thinking concepts as well as the political inquiry process.
- Helps students identify their beliefs and values and develop their individual voice.
- Supports student exploration of the rights and responsibilities affiliated with being an active citizen through active participation, and an understanding of power and systems within society.