Under One Sun Sets - Grade 5 Teachers Resources
0176779051, 0176781196, 017677906X,
- 10.23 Grams
This series recognizes the important role of teachers in reconciliation.
Under One Sun was developed to help teachers introduce students to Indigenous history, culture and perspectives, and to provide grade appropriate support around key themes, including: reconciliation, residential schools and treaty education.
- Authentic content: Contemporary content written and illustrated by Indigenous authors and artists from various communities across Canada
- Connections to reconciliation: Offers ways to connect to the process of reconciliation through awareness, discussion and activities
- Balanced literacy learning: Offers read-aloud, shared reading and levelled reading selections to help students develop reading and viewing, listening and speaking, and writing and representing skills
- Bring content to life: Online Teaching Centre includes launch videos featuring Elders and Indigenous community leaders, as well as professional development videos.
- Under One Sun offers components in a mixed print and digital format to bring new and exciting content to your K-8 classroom. These components have been designed collectively and are intended to be used together to support balanced literacy learning.
Comprehensive support for teaching English Language Arts curriculum with a focus on Indigenous content, perspectives and principles of learning.
The Teachers Resource includes: Kindergarten Teachers Resource
Online Teaching Centre:
These digital resources were developed to help students and teachers understand contemporary Indigenous culture and make authentic connections with Indigenous communities.
- Shared Reading Selection
- Launch Video
- Professional Development Videos
- Audio Recordings
- Blackline Masters
- Image Bank