Accelerate Math Thinking
RPM (Real Problems in Mathematics) is a series of Math Cards for Grades 3-6 designed to regularly expose students to problem solving and engage them in mathematical thinking and communication.
- Easy, convenient support for test practice modeled after provincial assessment problems
- Extra opportunities for problem solving
- Flexible format -can be used in groups, pairs, or independently
- Covers curriculum strands: Number, Patterns, Geometry, Measurement, Data and Probability
- Easily integrates with other classroom math resources
Each RPM box includes:
- 100 activity cards, laminated for optional use with dry-ease markers
- Tabbed by strand and organized in a convenient storage box
- Addresses concepts from all 5 math strands
- Includes access to the Online Teaching Centre:
- Solutions for every question
- Teaching notes and topic correlations
- Digital versions of Activity Cards
Math Card Overview:
Each Math Card includes multiple choice and open-response questions modelled after the 2 types of questions students will encounter on provincial assessments.
- Some cards provide support to help students successfully solve the problem.
- Some cards provide a list of suggested materials required to answer the question or solve the problem.
Online Teaching Centre Overview:
With the purchase of an RPM box you will receive single-user access to material that will help you easily integrate this resource in your classroom.
- Digital versions of each activity card
- Solution Cards
- Teaching notes
- Topic Correlations