Applying current brain research, social-emotional findings, and the theory of multiple intelligences to more traditional approaches to teaching reading, this exciting resource helps teachers unlock the door to literacy by teaching to the individual and unique strengths of their students.
Special features include:
- New directions for teaching reading
- An overview of the brain's structure and how individual differences influence the reading process
- An examination of the theory of multiple intelligences and how its application can significantly increase the effectiveness of traditional reading and writing instructional methods
- Case studies, practical diagrams, maps and charts illustrating techniques that will improve decoding, comprehension, and writing skills
- Innovative strategies for teaching reading to English Language Learners