Key Links Shared Readers get students excited about reading and draw them into the story using rhythmical, rhyming language.
Embedded Teacher Support Panels Save You Time
Each page offers a teacher support panel with an explicit 5-day lesson plan. The story is read everyday, but each day has it's own specific focus:
- Day 1: The teacher reads the book aloud to students and focuses on comprehension
- Day 2: Students are encouraged to join in the reading—rhythmical text helps students learn the fl ow of language and the teacher focuses on vocabulary
- Day 3: Teachers provide explicit instruction on fl uency during the third reading of the book
- Day 4: The whole class reads the text aloud with the teacher and focuses on phonics and phonemic awareness
- Day 5: Students make connections to the story and work in cooperative groups